The 8th International Degrowth Conference for Ecological Sustainability and Social Equity "Caring Communities for Radical Change" will take place next summer from 24th to 28th of August.
The conference will be academic and activist in nature and will encourage participation of artists, practitioners and policymakers. The discussions will be organized around nine key themes:
- Dutch social movements and degrowth
- Decolonizing degrowth
- Feminist political ecology and degrowth
- Green new deal and degrowth
- Agrarian and urban dialogs on degrowth
- Post-growth entrepreneurship
- The cultural politics of degrowth
- Inner transformation for degrowth
- Anarchism and degrowth
The conference will take place at and around the International Institute of Social Studies (ISS) in The Hague (an institute that is part of Erasmus University Rotterdam) in partnership with WEGO Innovative Training Network (Well-being, Ecology, Gender and Community).